10 Holiday Decor Tips
Whether you are decorating your 2-story home or 2-bedroom condo, everyone can use these 10 useful tips:
1) For every ONE foot of tree heights you will need:
- 100 Lights
- 9 Feet of Garland
- 20 Ornaments
2) For a whimsical take on traditional Christmas colors, try pink and teal with silver metallic accents instead or come up with your own unique color combo.
3) Go natural by decorating seasonally rather than holiday-specific. For example: use accents like cinnamon sticks, oranges, pine cones, etc.
4) Bring the wreath inside! A wreath on your front door is nice, but it means you don't get to enjoy it 24/7. Hang one in a window so everybody will see it.
5) Go floral with unconventional Christmas flowers like white amaryllis tinged with green.
6) Upgrade store-bought throw pillows with holiday appliques. Bunch a few together to spell a word like J-O-Y.
7) Don't love the tree skirt you have? Opt for a natural wicker basket—it's the new black!
8) Greet your holiday guests with festive decor in your guest room. A simple garland or holiday pillow will add a great touch.
9) Turn your everyday decor into holiday decor by stringing twinkle lights or sprinkling faux snow on them.
10) No mantle? Incorporate the holiday spirit into any bedroom by hanging your stocking at the foot of a bed.